11/29/09

palmyardcraftnight update #74920

I did something strange this weekend.


I worked on the palm yard album.



palm tapes
This is the box of tape that I haven't opened since the last time we recorded. I think in september or something?


plmyrd ds-1
Palm Yard is all about the boss corporation brand ds-1 model distortion pedal. We use it for everything. I might have actually used too much while I was bouncing stuff to computers.


too much cabling
We recorded on my big tascam 4-track, but some of the faders on that board are too clogged with weed resin and dust. Luckily the thing has direct outs so I just run the tape signal straight into another mixer


mixing
Running stuff through some pedals. Every track on this album has been run through an old black Alesis reverb box at some point in the process. Most everything goes through a ds-1 or a red boss distortion. Lots of equalizer pedals as well for blowing out the special frequencies.


digital audio interface
Out the tape deck into the mixer out into the pedals and then back into the mixer and then out the mixer a different way into the recording interface plugged into a laptop onto the usb drive onto my other computer through audacity mastered to wav/tape.
I bounced everything with the instrumental mix in the left and the vox on the right. The end result will be an epic concept album in mono.



it is on my computers yes
YES I do indeed have 3/4 of this album in a listenable state on my computer.
But santa (cruz) has bad news: this shitgaze aint gonna be under your tree this year.
Maybe a presidents day gift? I don't know.

1019rec#23. oakland/michaeljordan/craftnight/you don't get it.

No comments: