3/12/09

CPW: Post-Monday Night Noise, Pre-PMOCATAT

Monday Night Noise was a moderate success, given that it was experimental music on a monday after a time change before finals week. Enough excuses, every act was amazing and put on a solid show, and we made a little money at the door for the Pink Canoes. And the booker/sound guy Cory was stoked on the show we put on, so I'll be setting up another avant-garde bar night on an upcoming wednesday (TBA)


Broke my uke
I pull a micro-cassette recorder out of my cigar box ukelele in the middle of the set (so I can play a sample on it through my amplifier), so first I tried to stretch out or break all the strings, and ended up ripping the bridge off. Then I accidentally pulled the deck straight through the sound board, rather than deftly through the sound hole. I think it looks better this way..


Post-Monday night Noise
A trail of destruction and tiny bells



Tonight I'm heading up to San Francisco to take part in the The Pmocatat Ensemble:
"The Pmocatat Ensemble records the sounds of their instruments onto various forms of consumer-ready media. (Pmocatat stands for "prerecorded music on cds and tapes and things".) Then, they improvise using only the recorded media."


The tape improvisation is going down at the Luggage Store Experimental Music Series 8pm, with James Swanagon opening.

No comments: